News: Cexx forums, with volunteers dedicated to helping you remove malware and stay protected

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
September 16, 2014, 17:26:44
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Topic: ''Could not connect to proxy server. Access denied''  (Read 2146 times)
« on: September 04, 2009, 06:40:08 »
andreij Offline

Hi,

My firefox browser has started having troubles, and i think its something to do with the fact that it just keeps refreshing itself over an over again which is not allowing me to access certain webpages properly. I have now downloaded opera in the hope that a new browser will not have the same problems, but when i open opera it says:

''Could not connect to proxy server. Access denied
You tried to access the address http://www.google.com/search?q=bbc&sourceid=opera&num=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.
Make sure your Internet connection is active and check whether other applications that rely on the same connection are working.''

I had this problem before with firefox and i changed my settings to 'auto-detect proxy settings' which worked and firefox was able to access the internet again, but with opera i dont know what i can do.. Can anyone help please? or failing that could anyone advise what i can do to stop firefox refreshing itself all the time? I have tried uninstalling firefox and then re-installing it but the problem still occurrs. I also have tried clearing the cache, cookies and browsing and download history, which helps for a very short while but then the problems start arising again.

Thanks,

Andreij
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 15:41:01 »
Unzy

Hi there,

Lets start with a scan with MBAM and see if that finds anything.

download and install MBAM :

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
In case you already used MBAM previously, please update it before proceeding with the scan. To do this, click the "Update" tab and click the "Check For updates" button.
Once the program has loaded and updates were downloaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.

Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

Let us know if that helped already
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 21:42:57 »
Unzy

Closing topic due to lack of response

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: